Photography and Politics of the Earth.
For the third edition of its research and creation support Programme, the Institut pour la photographie invites us to turn our attention to the Earth, now understood in its power of hospitality with regard to current environmental issues.
Photographers, artists, researchers and curators are invited to respond to this call to develop a project that would involve the contribution of photography to a visual history of the Earth and its new political stakes.
Announcement of the theme and opening of the call for applications : Wednesday 30 September 2020
Deadline for applications : Monday 30st November 2020 – midnight (French time)
Jury for the selection of the recipients & public announcement : January 2021
Start of the 3rd edition of the research and creation support programme : May 2021
Please read the rules carefully. Any application that does not comply with the conditions will be rejected, with no exceptions.
For any question, please write to email@example.com
You have until November 30, midnight (French time – Paris) to modify your file. After this date, your file will no longer be modifiable and will be directly submitted to the Jury. Thus, please make sure that all the requested documents are included in your application before Monday, November 30, midnight (Paris time).
No application will be accepted after the date announced.
Your application, in English or French, must contain the following documents in PDF and/or JPEG format ONLY:
– A detailed project note of intent (8,000 characters/1,300 words maximum);
– A provisional calendar for the execution of the project over the period of the Institute’s research and creation support programme;
– 5-20 visuals (printed A4 version/72 dpi JPEG) pertaining to the project proposed by the applicant;
– A one-page summary CV containing the following elements: position currently held or work in progress, education, selection of exhibitions, publications, talks and projects made by the applicant;
– A copyright-free photographic portrait of the candidate;
– A letter of recommendation from a recognised professional in the field of art, research or publishing.